Algae ID, gha or lyngbya

  • Thread starter Thread starter Magok
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Magok

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 15, 2023
Messages
54
Reaction score
44
Location
Greece
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey fellow reefers,
I need help IDing this algae, I thought it was GHA but Im starting to doubt. Its growing on everything, coralline, glass, rock everything. After I scrap it clean it regrows real fast.
Tank is 1 year old, startedwith dry rock.
Params
Nitrate: 0 - 1 ppm
Po4: 0.15 -0.2 ppm
Kh: 8.3
Cal: 420
Mag: 1260
20250216_202818.jpg

20250216_202833.jpg 20250216_202823.jpg
 
Bumping your post!
 
Bump anyone?
 
Bump again and also posting microscope photos in case these help to id.

X100 lens with x10 eyepiece
20250305_180253.jpg

X40 lens with x10 eyepiece
20250305_180420.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new