Algae ID please

Tangina20

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 5, 2018
Messages
382
Reaction score
187
What state or country do you live in
New Mexico
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have an idea of what this algae is? This tank is about 3 months old so I’m not too worried about it from cycling but I’ve had almost every algae possible and have never seen this one. I’m thinking green cyano?

5812F2CD-8BE8-41E7-858E-9F7EF260F4BE.jpeg 5CCF0BA8-28CA-4A72-BC45-134638335999.jpeg
 
I tried to blow it off and use a toothbrush with no luck, maybe it’s not green cyano!
 
Beginning of green hair algae.
Addition of turbo snails, astrea snails and margarita snails will help.
Ive had great success with liquid vibrant to rid of tis type of algae
 
Beginning of green hair algae.
Addition of turbo snails, astrea snails and margarita snails will help.
Ive had great success with liquid vibrant to rid of tis type of algae
Thank you! I have some vibrant I’ll throw in there.
 
Thank you! I have some vibrant I’ll throw in there.
Use vibrant at night and dose 80% of recommended. Pull chaeto if you have any as it will destroy chaeto.
 
Use vibrant at night and dose 80% of recommended. Pull chaeto if you have any as it will destroy chaeto.
I’ll give it a try, do you notice better results when dosing at night?
 
I’ll give it a try, do you notice better results when dosing at night?
Yes, as the algae needs light for growth and the vibrant removes its requirements for growth
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new