Algae ID please.

new2reefing123

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 15, 2020
Messages
80
Reaction score
45
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you help me identify this algae? It’s only on a couple rocks, I thought it’s bryopsis but I’m not 100% sure. Pulling it off the rocks is difficult but not impossible. The root system holding it down is very strong.

70A97FF6-2DEE-42A0-B2BE-D4095AA4CC4A.jpeg 108632FA-5F39-4A16-BB24-5D2E75278798.jpeg
 
green hair algae
To be honest I was expecting GHA to be the really bright long slimy algae. I had that type growing in my refugium(super bright green, and long slimy algae) I was able to get rid of that by physical removal really easily this stuff(in the pics) is a lot different from what that was. Now I’m curious as to what that stuff was haha....... Thank you Webslinger
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new