Algae ID ??? Pls help me out.

ARTRN

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 26, 2020
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this algae few months back (did some googling but came up with no conclusion). Did fluconazole treatment for 3 weeks and they're gone.
But in past week or so these things started to appear on some parts of rock. I don't wanna do another fluconazole if there's a more natural way.
Would dosing vibrant help? Please kindly shed some light how to fight this.

pics

20210922_171338.jpg 20210922_171313.jpg
 
I have 2 solutions for you. 1 is to completely black out the tank for a week. Put a cloth over the tank for a week and the algae will disappear. If this is not possible because you have live corals than just limit your light. Put it on for 6 hours a day until it goes away. the complete black out is much quicker. Another way is to vacuum the surface. uneaten food breaking up puts things in the tank that algae likes. vacuum the bottom, scrub the glass and it should all go away.
 
@Obsessed with fish
Thank you for replying. Duly noted. I'll decrease the intensity and duration of lighting (currently 9 hrs with 1 hr ramp up/down at beginning and end).

@lynaea75
I googled neomeris but they're different. This one is translucent. Thank you for replying.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new