Algae ID ??? Pls help me out.

ARTRN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this algae few months back (did some googling but came up with no conclusion). Did fluconazole treatment for 3 weeks and they're gone.
But in past week or so these things started to appear on some parts of rock. I don't wanna do another fluconazole if there's a more natural way.
Would dosing vibrant help? Please kindly shed some light how to fight this.

pics

20210922_171338.jpg 20210922_171313.jpg

Obsessed with fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 solutions for you. 1 is to completely black out the tank for a week. Put a cloth over the tank for a week and the algae will disappear. If this is not possible because you have live corals than just limit your light. Put it on for 6 hours a day until it goes away. the complete black out is much quicker. Another way is to vacuum the surface. uneaten food breaking up puts things in the tank that algae likes. vacuum the bottom, scrub the glass and it should all go away.

OP
OP
ARTRN

ARTRN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Obsessed with fish
Thank you for replying. Duly noted. I'll decrease the intensity and duration of lighting (currently 9 hrs with 1 hr ramp up/down at beginning and end).

@lynaea75
I googled neomeris but they're different. This one is translucent. Thank you for replying.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back