Algae on Goniopora

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Bryopsis on my Long Tentacle Bright Red Goniopora Coral Frag. After pulling as much off as I can. I paint brushed on 5:1 3% Hydrogen Peroxide, on the Frag Plug, and a bit on the Goniopora itself. After 24 hours, I see no change. Can I increase the concentration, or do a full dip? Also I left the pulled of Bryopsis, and left it in the solution I made, of 25ml tank water and 5ml of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide, and see little to no change in the 24 hours. The Hydrogen Peroxide is fresh.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Bryopsis on my Long Tentacle Bright Red Goniopora Coral Frag. After pulling as much off as I can. I paint brushed on 5:1 3% Hydrogen Peroxide, on the Frag Plug, and a bit on the Goniopora itself. After 24 hours, I see no change. Can I increase the concentration, or do a full dip? Also I left the pulled of Bryopsis, and left it in the solution I made, of 25ml tank water and 5ml of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide, and see little to no change in the 24 hours. The Hydrogen Peroxide is fresh.
Often algae is formed because of something being too high, I use RedSea’s algae management when I get algae show up in my tank

OP
OP
S

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My temperature went up, the test shows close to Zero on my NO3, PO4, and Zero Silicates, Nitrites and Nitrates are also zero. Both from my test and LFS. I can’t use the stuff that wipes out all Macro Algae. I have a Course Bryopsis (sp.)Mermaid Fan Red Tree Grape, Mini Shaving Brush, Halimedia Sp. Red Dragon’s Breath “Halymenia Durville” I’m trying to by a Tang, but in the mean time don’t want to loose Corals. Also I have this Hair Algae.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My temperature went up, the test shows close to Zero on my NO3, PO4, and Zero Silicates, Nitrites and Nitrates are also zero. Both from my test and LFS. I can’t use the stuff that wipes out all Macro Algae. I have a Course Bryopsis (sp.)Mermaid Fan Red Tree Grape, Mini Shaving Brush, Halimedia Sp. Red Dragon’s Breath “Halymenia Durville” I’m trying to by a Tang, but in the mean time don’t want to loose Corals. Also I have this Hair Algae.
Ah, that’s an issue. Maybe try to get a bristletooth tang but be warned all tangs eat all types of algae. try to bring the temp down (I use ice packs when there’s heatwaves here in the UK and the tank goes above 30 DC)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back