Algae on monti frag question

exnisstech

Grumpy old man
View Badges
Joined
Feb 11, 2019
Messages
20,632
Reaction score
33,536
Location
Ashland Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this encrusting monti frag that keeps growing alage on one small area where I assume there is no coral growth. I pluck it off and it just returns. I'm wondering what would be the best way to get rid of the alage? 20220810_144923.jpg Thought about peroxide but am afraid that will damage the coral. Also considered a small dab of superglue. I'm not sure tho so thought I would ask those of you more experienced than myself. Or should I just let it go and maybe the coral will grow over it, but I've read coral won't grow over alage?
 
Same here, this guy fell into a hammer a couple months ago. I just hit it with a baster every now and then but would also like to know if there is something more I could do. It's still growing and healthy just not where it got stung. IMG_0336.JPG
 
Dig it out with a small drill bit, just where it enters the skeleton, it will then grow over.
That stuff repairs well.
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new