algae on zoa frag

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 28, 2016
Messages
5,486
Reaction score
6,225
Location
Tracy, California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dau gave me a frag of zoas for xmas. It has 2 types of algae on it, and one polyp has a purplish coating on it. How do I get rid of the algae. I've read some posts on the internet about dipping in peroxide. don't want the stuff to spread into my tank. For CUC I have 3 cerith and 2 turbans. No one has touched it.
20170101_115308_resized.jpg
 
A dip in 50:50 peroxide and tank water may do the trick. Make sure it's the 3% peroxide for that ratio. Length of time for dip may vary so I'll let someone who's actually done the dip recomend a time frame. I've only dosed it and not made a dip solution before.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new