Algae Scrubber!

MikeyTN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone built or bought a Algae Scrubber? I'm dealing with hair algae and dino right now. Hair algae isn't a big deal as the cleanup crews about wiped it out. I really want to dive into the natural way in eradicating algae in the main tank. I did cheato in the past and it have served me well eradicating dino and all from display. I have cheato right now but I want to see what people have done here locally. I learn by visually seeing what is done and make one for myself. I have an idea on what I want to use to make one but searching for parts.

OP
OP
MikeyTN

MikeyTN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the algae scrubber built but dino is already 90% gone. Oh well....

islander84

Island Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Theres an article in the main forums on fighting dinos and nuisance algae. Pretty interesting if you havent read it. I battled dinos for over a year and was going about it by trying to remove as much po4 as possible and that just made it worse, after reading that thread it all makes sense on what I was doing wrong. Theres an imbalance of nutrients po4/no3

OP
OP
MikeyTN

MikeyTN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today it's 99% gone so I guess the tank balanced itself but I did treat with h2o2 for 3 days and on third day I did it during day time while lights is on. Big mistake although it did help as that's when dino started to disappear but my Xenia, Kenya tree, frogspawn, hammer, gold torch, etc was badly effected by the day time treatment. It's due to them taking in water during day time period. Never doing that again.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back