Algae Scrubbers: Do they really reduce algae?

OP
OP
anthonymckay

anthonymckay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good new! Found one of the last few clearwater branded scrubbers back in stock at an online store, so grabbed one. Arrived this afternoon and installed it on my lunch break. Very pleased with the build quality! "Seeded" it with some hair algae I pulled from my display in hopes of speeding up the initial phase of getting things going.

IMG_8885.jpeg

IMG_8884.jpeg

booker1978

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good new! Found one of the last few clearwater branded scrubbers back in stock at an online store, so grabbed one. Arrived this afternoon and installed it on my lunch break. Very pleased with the build quality! "Seeded" it with some hair algae I pulled from my display in hopes of speeding up the initial phase of getting things going.

IMG_8885.jpeg

IMG_8884.jpeg
How have been things going on your new algae scrubber I'm considering the same upgrade. Thanks for any info you can provide!

OP
OP
anthonymckay

anthonymckay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How have been things going on your new algae scrubber I'm considering the same upgrade. Thanks for any info you can provide!
It's been setup for about 3-4 weeks, so it's just now starting to get past the "slime" stage and starting to grow some green turf algae. Not enough to affect nutrient levels yet though. It takes a bit for the algae scrubbers to take off and get going with lots of thick algae. I was actually panning to make a post with a pic of it today cause I'm wondering if I should scrape it yet, or just let it keep going till it's actually completely covered.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 85 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.3%
Back