Algae

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ryan_W06
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ryan_W06

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 19, 2026
Messages
21
Reaction score
1
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this green/brown algae on my sand bead and rocks for a while now and I’m not sure where it keeps coming from. Does anyone know what it might be or could be coming from? The tank has been up and running for around 2 years now. I also use rodi water and I always have 0tds water.

My parameters are:
Phosphate-0.07
Nitrite-3.0
Alk-8.4
Calcium-446
Mag-1435

20260401_171128_D6088ED9-C201-4C38-B192-242F15F235AC.png
 
what kind of clean up crew do you have?
 
Regarding WHAT type of algae it is, difficult to discern without microscope images, images in white light would help too.
If it's not HURTING anything I would focus on slowly eradicating by throwing in a variety of snails, some ceriths and nerites, maybe a handful more hermits.

*Edit - your parameters seem good, I would also see if there is something else external causing it, maybe light leak from a nearby window etc :)
 
Regarding WHAT type of algae it is, difficult to discern without microscope images, images in white light would help too.
If it's not HURTING anything I would focus on slowly eradicating by throwing in a variety of snails, some ceriths and nerites, maybe a handful more hermits.

*Edit - your parameters seem good, I would also see if there is something else external causing it, maybe light leak from a nearby window etc :)
Okay thank you for the help! Not sure if this picture helps identify at all but this is it with the light off.
20260401_213210_C5CAB6F7-1E86-49CC-ADBC-10D8BEA6D709.png
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 23.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new