Algae?

mahig

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 31, 2022
Messages
25
Reaction score
13
Location
Syracuse
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I know they aren’t the best pics but wondering if this is bryopsis. Just removed a rock that def had a quarter sized growth on it so wondering if this is it too. Hard to tell for me. One other frag has something similar.

1D64FDEB-0B42-4BA7-9AA5-71549CEA1BD9.jpeg E07EED98-FE2A-4A38-A810-655B502978D6.jpeg
 
Don't wanna be the boy crying wolf but yeah. Hear me scream. You do have some choices but I would decide soon.
a) Remove/discard all of it. ALL of it.
b) Nuke it with fluconazole (if you don't have acros, nobody should mind.)

Bryopsis is a nightmare. Take action.
Good luck. We are all counting on you.
 
Don't wanna be the boy crying wolf but yeah. Hear me scream. You do have some choices but I would decide soon.
a) Remove/discard all of it. ALL of it.
b) Nuke it with fluconazole (if you don't have acros, nobody should mind.)

Bryopsis is a nightmare. Take action.
Good luck. We are all counting on you.
Alright, I appreciate it. Yeah I threw out the other zoa frag. I’m just over trying to save the money and dealing with the disaster in the tank. I started this in nov and I think I’ve dealt w 90% of the bad **** that can happen. Wild.
 
Alright, I appreciate it. Yeah I threw out the other zoa frag. I’m just over trying to save the money and dealing with the disaster in the tank. I started this in nov and I think I’ve dealt w 90% of the bad **** that can happen. Wild.
Sorry you had to give up the Rasta. This hobby is a real test of patience for sure.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 46 33.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new