AliE and Quanta Pro Bars

TheSheff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been doing some research on the aliexpress led bars that seem popular now as well as the quanta pro led bars. Could anyone that uses either one , or both post some pictures of their setups? Thank you!

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
i don't use either but here's the deal:

the aliE bars are cheap, and can be customized to the nm of your liking. quanta bars are high end with transparent backing/building(i believe) who is out to create amazing lights for the average consumer. if money was not a concern for me i'd definitely get some quanta bars alongside reefi uno 2.0 lights, otherwise i'd get the alie bars to supplement my current lights (which i may do soon)

OP
OP
TheSheff

TheSheff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

the aliE bars are cheap, and can be customized to the nm of your liking. quanta bars are high end with transparent backing/building(i believe) who is out to create amazing lights for the average consumer. if money was not a concern for me i'd definitely get some quanta bars alongside reefi uno 2.0 lights, otherwise i'd get the alie bars to supplement my current lights (which i may do soon)
I currently have t5's but I really want to switch to the AliE bars , the t5s are too white for me. Apparently the led bars are able to provide a better spread as well according to BRS.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I currently have t5's but I really want to switch to the AliE bars , the t5s are too white for me. Apparently the led bars are able to provide a better spread as well according to BRS.
can't you get t5 bulbs in alternating colors? uv/blue(cyan)/white, etc?

gregdepot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For my 180 I have 2 36" Quanta Pro 1 Meso Blue and 1 Reef Crest I have LPS growing about 12" down and soft corals down to 24", The Meso Blue is great color for viewing florescent corals but to blue on its own to view most fish etc well. The Reef Crest is too white to my eyes, the 2 together are just a little too white but not bad, also can turn off the reef crest in the evenings. The other side of the tank has a A500X so I can color match or make bluer etc overall.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
70934579932__E855B92A-65F5-494C-AA43-4DA226F7034F.jpeg

Here’s my setup, two RB pendants and three Quanta pro Meso blues. No filter on this shot, so it’s more blue in the pic. If you just want to supplement a particular blue spectrum, then the AliE’s are rather inexpensive, but if you need a quality bar with great spectrum on their own, then Quanta’s are the way to go. You could easily light a tank with just a combo of Quanta’s meso blue and Tropic sun.

gregdepot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Here’s my setup, two RB pendants and three Quanta pro Meso blues. No filter on this shot, so it’s more blue in the pic. If you just want to supplement a particular blue spectrum, then the AliE’s are rather inexpensive, but if you need a quality bar with great spectrum on their own, then Quanta’s are the way to go. You could easily light a tank with just a combo of Quanta’s meso blue and Tropic sun.
I would say the Tropic sun maybe too white, I have 1 Meso and 1 Reef Crest lighting 3ft of my tank and its a little on the white side. Unless you have a lot of Mesos or OG pops with the Trop Sun it maybe very white.

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the other thing to consider is the shipping cost of the aliexpress lights. Probably $100-$125 so that could make the quanta bars about the same or similar price. I am currently looking into adding some bars to my tank as well. I was shocked at the cost to ship the aliexpress bars.

corey

Lousybreed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Here’s my setup, two RB pendants and three Quanta pro Meso blues. No filter on this shot, so it’s more blue in the pic. If you just want to supplement a particular blue spectrum, then the AliE’s are rather inexpensive, but if you need a quality bar with great spectrum on their own, then Quanta’s are the way to go. You could easily light a tank with just a combo of Quanta’s meso blue and Tropic sun
Nice tank and thank you for the nice comments!

Lousybreed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the other thing to consider is the shipping cost of the aliexpress lights. Probably $100-$125 so that could make the quanta bars about the same or similar price. I am currently looking into adding some bars to my tank as well. I was shocked at the cost to ship the aliexpress bars.

corey
Good point. I like making sure customers love their Quanta products!

Lousybreed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thank you for the support!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 53 31.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 46 27.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 56 33.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back