Alkaline water

germo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So maybe this is a stupid question but I have been making my water with distilled water buying them by the gallon. My girlfriend went to the store today and she came home with alkaline water. Is this safe? Or should I buy more water?

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ph of water is usually 7. Alk water is 8 or 9. So it will change the Ph of your tank depending on how much is used.
* Alkaline water is commonly produced by an “ionizer,” a device that changes the chemical composition of water. “The idea is that an ionizer changes the pH level of water,” Ms. Czerwony says. “This makes the water more alkaline and less acidic.*

OP
OP
germo

germo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ph of water is usually 7. Alk water is 8 or 9. So it will change the Ph of your tank depending on how much is used.
* Alkaline water is commonly produced by an “ionizer,” a device that changes the chemical composition of water. “The idea is that an ionizer changes the pH level of water,” Ms. Czerwony says. “This makes the water more alkaline and less acidic.*
Thanks. So using it probably isn’t the best idea?

OP
OP
germo

germo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. My 32 gallon build has been going great so far and all is well. Don’t wanna ruin it with the wrong water.
And yes sir the rodi will be difficult in my situation I believe because of the waist water. But I may have to look into it a little more. Getting gallons upon gallons a gallon at a time has became a hassle.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My PH is 8.3, when I mix new salt it’s 8.4.
I want the higher PH in my DT. Chemistry more stable.
I’d mix a bit up and test.
If it helps keep PH up, that’s a good thing.

OP
OP
germo

germo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My PH is 8.3, when I mix new salt it’s 8.4.
I want the higher PH in my DT. Chemistry more stable.
I’d mix a bit up and test.
If it helps keep PH up, that’s a good thing.
Yeah that’s what I was thinking at first, but I think it’s going to be a little to high. I’m just going to stash it and go with what I know. Honestly things have went so well I hate to change any of my program. I would hate to throw everything into shock.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I would not use it. If you have jugs or water bottles, even the water at refill stations at walmart is ok for use.

Back