revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
lol
I'm with ya!!!!!!!!!!

Notice I used the word ROLL.............Tide!!

image.jpeg

Frozn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That Panasonic unit sounds awesome.. It's too bad I already finished up by basement sump room.. but ya never know what the future holds with a hobby like this.

Aashley I think you're on the right track. Just take it slow day to day. You'll also want to make sure your mag is at a reasonable level and I always shoot between 1300-1400. I wouldn't raise alk too high if you're running at 0 nitrates, as you may encounter alk burn. Get your ca up to 420ish with an alk at 8-8.5 and see how you tank/coral respond. You should soon be able to establish a daily dosing regimen.

Rev, glad to hear you are starting to find level ground. I would certainly look at a ca reactor for your system volume. I find the benefits of one supersedes 2 part, but that is only my opinion. I just feel the reintroduction of trace minerals from the dissolved aragonite is very beneficial to coral health/growth. Either way, it's a great sign that your levels are stabilizing, it can be frustrating when they are out of whack. Randy has a great article on the balance and I has a chart in one of his articles that represents ideal zones. Not sure which one, as he has so many excellent writings!

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still catching up. But i run Geos dual on my system and love it. I've only used geo ca reactors. Love them.
Do you feel like the second stage of your dual helps bring the ph back up from the first stage and does the second stage help in raising alk up too?

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Notice I used the word ROLL.............Tide!!

image.jpeg
lol!!!!! I'm noticing now.
That hurts. :( But I know you couldn't pass it up :) and better than taking crap from a Gator fan!

I've been going to Neyland since 1983. Never thought the Vols could be down this long.

Maybe Saban will retire... SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Last edited:
OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
lol!!!!! I'm noticing now.
That hurts. :( But I know you couldn't pass it up :) and better than taking crap from a Gator fan!

I've been going to Neyland since 1983. Never thought the Vols could be down this long.

Maybe Saban will retire... SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Ha! Love ya man! Kindred football spirits! SEC!

Frozn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you feel like the second stage of your dual helps bring the ph back up from the first stage and does the second stage help in raising alk up too?
I do feel it helps bring the ph back up before going into the system. You can also tell visually as the media dissolves slower in the 2nd chamber indicating a higher ph. As for raising alk I cannot comment on that. I haven't tried to measure a difference in the effluent at the different outputs 1st chamber vs 2nd.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do feel it helps bring the ph back up before going into the system. You can also tell visually as the media dissolves slower in the 2nd chamber indicating a higher ph. As for raising alk I cannot comment on that. I haven't tried to measure a difference in the effluent at the different outputs 1st chamber vs 2nd.
Do you know what the ph is coming out of the second stage?
What your reefs ph?
Do you have to run anything like kalk at night to hold your ph?

Thanks, GoVols

Frozn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know what the ph is coming out of the second stage?
What your reefs ph?
Do you have to run anything like kalk at night to hold your ph?

Thanks, GoVols
Reactor ph: 6.46
Effluent after 2nd chamber: 7.28
Tank ph: 8.1

I do not run anything to boost ph. I have a 20g dedicated fuge with chaeto and a 36" lifereef skimmer. Fishroom (~150g total) located in basement with 160g display.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reactor ph: 6.46
Effluent after 2nd chamber: 7.28
Tank ph: 8.1

I do not run anything to boost ph. I have a 20g dedicated fuge with chaeto and a 36" lifereef skimmer. Fishroom (~150g total) located in basement with 160g display.
Thanks for your time. :)

I love GEO and been eyeing that new dual with the aquariumplants doser.

jeffrey holloway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What brand of salt are u using. U could be affecting it by the type salt u use during your water changes. I use Red Sea Salt "blue bucket" because it keeps my Alk around 7.0. Some salt mixes have a higher Alk count.

Back