Alkalinity REALLY high

Instant Ocean has a common dKH of ~9 or so, not 13. I've used that product for decades and thats where it tends to hover.

I just tested my new bag of Instant Ocean a few minutes ago and it tested at 9.1.

Reef Crystals, which is made by the same company can have a high dKH. My last bag mixed at 12.....I've had it clock in as high as 13.

Its possible we have an off bag of Instant Ocean. Mix up a bit and test it. If it tests the same as mine then we need to stop dosing. dKH will come down on it's own, but you need to stop adding it. It just doesnt rise for no reason.
Thank you SO much for all your information!
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new