Alkatronic - Apex

arranms96

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

I have recently got my hands on a Alkatronic and I've had it up and running for a few days.

I've read somewhere that it is possible to connect the Alkatronic directly to the Apex Controller replacing the ORP probe.

Does anyone have any instructions on how to do this? I cannot find any online. I've already ordered a BNC cable that I believe is needed to connect the two units together.

Thanks in advanced.

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

I have recently got my hands on a Alkatronic and I've had it up and running for a few days.

I've read somewhere that it is possible to connect the Alkatronic directly to the Apex Controller replacing the ORP probe.

Does anyone have any instructions on how to do this? I cannot find any online. I've already ordered a BNC cable that I believe is needed to connect the two units together.

Thanks in advanced.
Connect the BNC from the alkatronic to the apex. Then calibrate the signal.

page 24 here

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks alot! I spent an hour reading through that when setting it up but somehow missed that bit!
The ORP port on the Apex or on the PM1 module can be configured for ORP or for pH. Since the Alkatronic instructions describe connecting it to a pH port, I assume the Apex should be instructed to treat the ORP port as a pH port instead. To do this, go into the list of Inputs, click the input named pH2, then set it to Enabled and save the settings.
Screen Shot 2021-09-19 at 2.31.46 PM.png

This is like a toggle switch, automatically disabling the ORP input when pH2 is enabled. The ORP tile will disappear from your Fusion dashboard, and you'll see the New Tiles available indicator because pH2 now needs to be added to your dashboard.

The physical BNC connector is always active, but the way the Apex interprets the signal changes depending on whether ORP or pH2 is enabled.

You can then rename the pH2 port if you like. Just remember if you ever Enable the ORP port, it will disable pH2 regardless of what you named it.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back