Alkatronic Users Thread

Mad Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My App version is 1.2.5 (140) which does not include unlink option. My phone is android so it may not have the same options as Iphone . Is there a newer version of the App?

Mad Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My App version is 1.2.5 (140) which does not include unlink option. My phone is android so it may not have the same options as Iphone . Is there a newer version of the App?
Access the Alkatronic online and then go to settings, there you will see the unlink option. Press that and save.

4A38BDAB-E337-44F9-92F2-8A7B3AB8D84A.png

Robinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My App version is 1.2.5 (140) which does not include unlink option. My phone is android so it may not have the same options as Iphone . Is there a newer version of the
You need to do this by accessing the Alkatronic remotely via the website interface. When you selected your device in the app, select the option that tell you Access Remotely.
Or login to the website site directly.

Once your in, select Visit new version on the top right corner. Once you’re in the new web version interface, go to settings and there you will see the unlink option

1B264A99-72A2-4770-A0BD-4E9810904909.png

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New owner here of all the alkatronic stuff (Alkatronic, Mastertronic and Dosetronic) and a couple of questions someone on here might know the answer to:

-I need the D pump from the Alkatronic because I have other plans for the Dose. I have a Deltec kalk stirrer so I'm thinking if using this pump to push RO water through it. I'm not using much, mostly zoa's and lps. I've heard this D pump is limited, but how so? In ml over time? Precision? It looks better quality than other dosing pumps I've used in the past.
I’d leave the d pump as is. It only turns on if your alk test low and your on action mode. I asked Focustronic way back for it to dose kalk and they freaked out. If it overdoses (one big dose) kalk, then your ph would go off the charts.
I’d setup auto water changes with a tunze 3150 for water changes and let your Dostronic pick up the slack with dosing kalk from a kalk stirrer… :)

Mad Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to do this by accessing the Alkatronic remotely via the website interface. When you selected your device in the app, select the option that tell you Access Remotely.

Once your in, select Visit new version on the top right corner. Once you’re in the new web version interface, go to settings and there you will see the unlink option

Mad Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I was not aware of the website interface! That is sorted now. Many thanks for help.

Bluedore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone experiencing dead pixels in the display screen lately? I’ve got a whole row of dead pixels, anyone have advice on how to fix or where to get the replacement screen? Thanks in Advance!

Luisuarez100

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. I changed my phone and now I have an iPhone. since I changed I have not been able to connect to the alkatronic. I always have to access remotely. do you know what i should do? keeps trying to connect and finally says "unable to connect"

undermind

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone running their "Water In" tubing longer than the recommended 3 feet?

I saw some chatter about this on page 7 but the conversation fizzled out and I can't find discussion anywhere else on the web. I'd be very happy if I could push this length to 4' or so.

Thanks!

MGarrison

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone running their "Water In" tubing longer than the recommended 3 feet?

I saw some chatter about this on page 7 but the conversation fizzled out and I can't find discussion anywhere else on the web. I'd be very happy if I could push this length to 4' or so.

Thanks!
1656158799717.png

Per the manual "Water In" (Connection 2) has a max of 2.0m (6.56 ft)

panic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alkatronic is stuck on - Please Wait...

my power went out several times yesterday and the unit usually says "please wait.." on the LCD screen on the unit as it boots up, however it is stuck there.I have unplugged it and let it sit for hours with no change. It will not respond via app or remotely. Any ideas on what I should do?

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alkatronic is stuck on - Please Wait...

my power went out several times yesterday and the unit usually says "please wait.." on the LCD screen on the unit as it boots up, however it is stuck there.I have unplugged it and let it sit for hours with no change. It will not respond via app or remotely. Any ideas on what I should do?
That’s a tough one. You’ve done everything I would have done. I would put a ticket in at Coralvue and hope. Good luck.

moonwaxx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a tough one. You’ve done everything I would have done. I would put a ticket in at Coralvue and hope. Good luck.
Im in the same boat right now waiting to get the files from support to redo the SD card . its like pulling teeth ..one email a day.. finally told me what to do but didn't include the PDF file.. now Im guessing it will be monday before I hear back again.. IF by chance they send you the files PLEASE let me know I would love to get this one back online..
Thanks
Tim

undermind

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, is there a way to set the time you want to test? For example, 7am and 7pm.

I know I could set the interval to 12 hours, and theoretically run the test for the first time at 7 (am or pm), but I'm not seeing a way to simply just set the time I want to test.

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, is there a way to set the time you want to test? For example, 7am and 7pm.

I know I could set the interval to 12 hours, and theoretically run the test for the first time at 7 (am or pm), but I'm not seeing a way to simply just set the time I want to test.
I don’t know of a way. If you learn of one, let us know.

undermind

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know of a way. If you learn of one, let us know.
So I figured out a decent way to do it. It takes an extra test or two, but it works.

I'll explain through a couple examples. And for these, I'm really just focusing on a single desired test time. Because if you can get it to go at one of your desired times, then you can set your interval time to whatever you want at that point.

Example 1: Say you want to test at 10am but it's testing at 8am. Set an alarm for yourself for 8am so you don't forget, and as soon as it starts testing at 8am, change the interval to 2 hours. Then when it tests at 10am, set the interval back to whatever you like.

Example 2: Say you want to test at 8am but it's testing at 10am. This requires more steps because you can't set intervals beyond 12 hours. At 10am as soon as it starts its test, set the interval to 10 hours (to get it to test again at 8pm). Then at 8pm, as soon as it starts its test, set the interval to 12 hours. Then when it tests at 8am, set the interval back to whatever you like.

The drawback to this method is that you can't dial in an exact time. But it will get you in the ballpark and that works for me.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I figured out a decent way to do it. It takes an extra test or two, but it works.

I'll explain through a couple examples. And for these, I'm really just focusing on a single desired test time. Because if you can get it to go at one of your desired times, then you can set your interval time to whatever you want at that point.

Example 1: Say you want to test at 10am but it's testing at 8am. Set an alarm for yourself for 8am so you don't forget, and as soon as it starts testing at 8am, change the interval to 2 hours. Then when it tests at 10am, set the interval back to whatever you like.

Example 2: Say you want to test at 8am but it's testing at 10am. This requires more steps because you can't set intervals beyond 12 hours. At 10am as soon as it starts its test, set the interval to 10 hours (to get it to test again at 8pm). Then at 8pm, as soon as it starts its test, set the interval to 12 hours. Then when it tests at 8am, set the interval back to whatever you like.

The drawback to this method is that you can't dial in an exact time. But it will get you in the ballpark and that works for me.
Yes, I've noticed that when I have to power cycle my alkatronic the time shifts from when it normally tests. For example, I feed at 10am every day and normally the alkatronic reminds me that it's 10. But depending on when I have to power cycle the alkatronic may no longer be on the 10am cycle. Another thing to consider is retests. Retests will shift the schedule as well, unfortunately focustronic doesn't allow what you want in their software. And from experience they're not receptive to suggestions. In my mind, it's like their software was right at the finish line, but they stopped and have zero desire to cross the finish line.

The 'down and dirty' way to set a desired time is to connect the power supply to the apex and have it operate only during the hours that you want. However, I'm concerned that if the alkatronic is offline, you won't be able to view the information in the app... I could be wrong though.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 73 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back