0   0   0

Follow reagent discussion here

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too don't have a Facebook account, thankfully the Focustronic posts are public. As much as I dislike Facebook, I can't resist checking the Focustronic page occasionally to see what they are working on. I've become a big fan of their products.

Chris Spaulding

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been doing a lot of research on all the Alk controllers and I am real close to pulling the trigger on the Alkatronic. The question I have is. Can I use the Alk supplement I am using now ( Tropic Marin All-for-Reef ) or must I use the Alk supplement that they say in the video from Coralview?

MentalNote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is from the Q&A section located here: http://www.focustronic.net/manuals

1567910146108.png

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a question that hopefully a non facebook user can get answered.

My alkatronic has traditionally reported higher than the actual DKH (control being the Hanna checker but accuracy isn't what this question is about.) I chalk this up to not being able to get my alkatronic less than 3 feet away from a water source, so I have to rely on baseline calibration adjustments to ensure pallpark DKH.

I recently recalibrated all the pumps and pH probe. While I was at it I wanted to reset the baseline calibration as well.

Although I'm somewhat confident that I did it right, here are the steps I used to do it.

Settings
Disable Baseline Settings
Save

Extra measurement Start
*after the test completed it displayed 8.85, the hanna checker displayed 7.8

Settings
Baseline Calibration
Reference DKH = 7.80
Alkatronic DKH = 8.85
Ok
Save

Extra measurement Start
*after the test completed it displayed 7.79

Task seemed to be completed, however over the course of the night the readings started to ascend back to the previous Baseline numbers (which hovered around 8.10). Upon noticing this morning, I grabbed the hanna checker and the DKH was still 7.8.

Here's a snapshot of the graph, I can also post the Table/History if necessary

7dK3MiSl.jpg

Can someone explain this problem? And how to go about fixing it? I personally lean towards an algorithm correction, where it tries to predict levels instead of actual and displays them based on history. But that is a crackpots hypothesis. I would like someone with actual knowledge to help diagnose it.

Thanks

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of us that refuse to give into having a facebook account?

Where do we get this information?
I too don't have a Facebook account, thankfully the Focustronic posts are public. As much as I dislike Facebook, I can't resist checking the Focustronic page occasionally to see what they are working on. I've become a big fan of their products.

From using my wife's Fookbook account and being a member.

There's going to be an manual dose option to Dosetronic.

Jonas will add a 5.6 download manual for the big Alkatronic update.
He helped me quiet down my pump B, but the pumps A and C will be more accurate and just about dead silent. More fail safe features too and you'll know you tanks ph using the same ph probe.

Masertronic will not only be able to test nitrates and phosphates, but it will be able to control those two parameters too.

GregOyeah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I pulled the trigger on getting one of these and I couldnt be happier.

The software/blutooth stuff can be annoying at first, but its definitely worth it.

Best part of this for me, and why I went this direction instead of a Trident is Reagent refills. I didnt want to start having a monthly payment on pricey reagent refills, especially for something like Magnesium. Not to mention the fact, that finding someone that has them can be headache. With Alkatronic, you can buy Reagents in large quantities, for a good price, and the most attractive part for me, is there is a DIY route you can go for the reagent as well.

a cheap 2L bottle of sulfuric acid is only an amazon prime delivery away. i dont have to think twice about how many times I want this thing to test every day.

Johnic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I pulled the trigger on getting one of these and I couldnt be happier.

The software/blutooth stuff can be annoying at first, but its definitely worth it.

Best part of this for me, and why I went this direction instead of a Trident is Reagent refills. I didnt want to start having a monthly payment on pricey reagent refills, especially for something like Magnesium. Not to mention the fact, that finding someone that has them can be headache. With Alkatronic, you can buy Reagents in large quantities, for a good price, and the most attractive part for me, is there is a DIY route you can go for the reagent as well.

a cheap 2L bottle of sulfuric acid is only an amazon prime delivery away. i dont have to think twice about how many times I want this thing to test every day.
Is that all the Alkatronic solution is ? Sulfuric acid ?

GregOyeah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that all the Alkatronic solution is ? Sulfuric acid ?
I don’t know if their concentrated reagent solution is sulfuric acid. But if you mix, I believe the sulfuric acid 1N, at the same 4:1 ratio with RODI water. It works the same

I don’t let the waste water get disposed back into my tank after this though

there’s a diy reagent thread on here somewhere that explains it all

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 47 51.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.8%
Back