Alkatronic Users Thread

GregOyeah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how do you guys monitor/maintain your calcium with your alkatronic?

im sure you all have your calcium hooked up to a doser, but do you still test calcium regularly?

if you see that the alkatronic has dosed 20ml here and there over the past week, do you add some calcium to keep the balance?

or do you do nothing?

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently using Tropic Marin All for Reef, it has everything in one liquid additive. When I was dosing a 2 or 3 part and the Alkatronic made an alk correction, I would also make a corresponding addition of the other additives. Thankfully the Dosetronic did it automatically :p

I test Ca and Mg monthly now, there haven't been any surprises.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how do you guys monitor/maintain your calcium with your alkatronic?

im sure you all have your calcium hooked up to a doser, but do you still test calcium regularly?

if you see that the alkatronic has dosed 20ml here and there over the past week, do you add some calcium to keep the balance?

or do you do nothing?
Running a calcium reactor over here that supplies cal and alk and manually test cal with API every couple of weeks.

Otherwise I'd use Apex DOS or Focustronic / Dosetronic and manually test it.

Last edited:

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently using Tropic Marin All for Reef, it has everything in one liquid additive. When I was dosing a 2 or 3 part and the Alkatronic made an alk correction, I would also make a corresponding addition of the other additives. Thankfully the Dosetronic did it automatically :p

I test Ca and Mg monthly now, there haven't been any surprises.

Silver,
How many gallons is your reef, that your dosing the TM "All for Reef" with?

Thanks!!

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Silver,
How many gallons is your reef, that your dosing the TM "All for Reef" with?

Thanks!!

45G tank, 26G sump, maybe 55-60 gallons actual volume? Dosing around 10mL a day using the DIY recipe from the BRS video.

pizzaguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need some help please. I just got mg alkatronic. Cannot get the bluetooth to work at all. I've tried on my note 9 android and my sons new iphone. Seems like the iphone will connect for a few seconds but that's it. Everytime I try to prime pumps nothing happens. I've been trying for hours having no luck. Please any help would be greatly appreciated

ReeferBud

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need some help please. I just got mg alkatronic. Cannot get the bluetooth to work at all. I've tried on my note 9 android and my sons new iphone. Seems like the iphone will connect for a few seconds but that's it. Everytime I try to prime pumps nothing happens. I've been trying for hours having no luck. Please any help would be greatly appreciated

have you been able to add the new Alkatronic device yet (step 4 of the establishing new connection section)?

if you have, seems like the Bluetooth must have worked to get past the set up step.

another thing I’d try is whether you can access your Alkatronic via the cloud. Can you access via https://alkatronic.focustronic.com/ and does the unit respond to commands?

set up can be finicky but once it’s done it should be rock solid. Just hang in there.

jelazar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a heck of a time setting mine up, despite following the manual exactly. After several hours, I went to the Facebook site and submitted a trouble ticket. Within several hours a company rep gave me additional steps to try from Eventually they mailed me a new SD card, which fixed the problem.

Setup was a hassle for me, but the customer service was great. I've been running the system for a few months and am extremely happy with its performance. I'm looking to buy a second alkatronic for my frag tank.

pizzaguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I'm a bit aggravated at this point
I've been all day messing with this thing. I've got patience for sps but this shouldn't be this complicated. What facebook group are you referring to? I'll give that a shot. I'm at a stand still at this point

jelazar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What facebook group are you referring to? I'll give that a shot. I'm at a stand still at this point

It's a "Focustronic" page. I clicked on the little "Send Message" button on that page and it started a chat window. I described what I had done and what I was seeing, and there were instructions in the morning. It took a couple of days because I can only access FB in the mornings and evenings, so things progressed slowly. But it was worth it.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The draw back of alkatronic software is that it can only be connected to wifi or bluetooth. If your alkatronic is connected to your home router, you have to sever the connection to wifi in order to connect via bluetooth. I personally disconnected my router just to get in.

pizzaguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can get the iphone to connect long enough for the prime pump option to pop up. Then I press prime pump, then pump a start it doesnt respond. I then press the back button and the prime pump option is gone telling me the bluetooth is disconnected again
So I go back again try reconnecting until it connects doing the same thing as above over and over. I've done all of the above for over 2 hours and keeps doing the same thing
I've restarted the unit and app and phone numerous times.
I'm lost at this point.

pizzaguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot_20200323-062156_Facebook.jpg

Also tried this, didnt help

Jack Mammon Bifrons

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This machine giving me nothing but hassle...
Iv got the alkatronic and dostronic together. Ever since i FINALLY got this thing running its not been dosing alk. Its know reading that alk is too low and still not dosing (good thing because its threatened to dose 18.6ml alk followed by a 20 odd ml dose) it is however dosing ca/mg off the first pump on the connected dosetronic... i guess when your alkatronic mode it forfeits its dosing(alk adjustment) pump. Is that right?
Iv turned off the alkatronics dosetronic mode and still nothing, just keep testing.
Im also now terrified the alkatronic, at some point, is going to make some huge dose of alk in one go and kill my tank...
Anyone have any input.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back