All for reef alk.

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay. My tank is 150G, and the recommended dose according to Tropic marin calculator is 28 ml. So i dosed 20ml. To test the water. I dosed 20ml yesterday at 6:00 PM. And 20ml this morning. Its 8:00 PM. Just tested my alk. Is the same 7.7. Before afr it was 7.7, and after the 2 doses 7.7. Did i meet my consumption? Or did the alk not register yet? Thank you.

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All For Reef uses calcium formate as the buffer. Calcium formate is broken down by bacteria in your tank so it can become the buffer, when first dosed your tank may not have the correct number of bacteria to brake down the amount your dosing so it could take a few days or more to see an increase in alk. So I'm going with it just didn't register yet.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All For Reef uses calcium formate as the buffer. Calcium formate is broken down by bacteria in your tank so it can become the buffer, when first dosed your tank may not have the correct number of bacteria to brake down the amount your dosing so it could take a few days or more to see an increase in alk.
So do i just keep dosing? Im not sure what to do.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As noted above there is a delay in Alk reading after dose. Tropic Marin recommends getting the chemistry to what you want them at then start dosing. It is not an immediate response as the traditional 2 part such as ESV 2 part.

Edit: I'm sure you have already read the instructions but the top part is where they mention setting levels then dosing. This way you can start at the daily amount, or slower if you prefer, and monitor.
1699321008782.png

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 34 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.7%

Back