OP
OP
D

dannobiocube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did you observe after starting All for reef? Soory I assumed you were dosing kalk prior to addition of all for reef. Did you increase in growth , coloration or both?

arking_mark

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did you observe after starting All for reef? Soory I assumed you were dosing kalk prior to addition of all for reef. Did you increase in growth , coloration or both?

Mywifeisgunnakillme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
would there be a problem with magnesium and trace element balance?

I thought AFR was specifically balanced for balanced consumption rates.

I dose dry DIY all for reef and kalk slurry. By mixing the calcium tropic marin product separately from the trace and magnesium you can adjust the trace and mag levels if needed. I've never needed to though. I just follow the recipe on reef2reef and BRS.

For kalk slurry, I mix two tablespoons of kalk in 2 litre of r/o water. The mag stirrer comes on 60 seconds before dosing. Dose all for reef and kalk about 15 to 20 times a day on the dosing pump in small amounts. Dose roughly the same amounts of each.

Works good. PH is a steady 8 to 8.3 or so. There is nothing inbalanced about kalk. You could just do kalk, or kalk slurry, and trace and skip the all for reef. I like to dose both. Just another way to keep things happy.

20210924_181922.jpg
20210924_181925.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 43 41.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 22.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 33.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back