All for reef comb with other 2 part

marios82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone

As the title says can i combine all for reef with other 2 part method? I'm currently using a high ph boost 3 part solution but it's getting expensive and looking for alternatives.

Regards

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone

As the title says can i combine all for reef with other 2 part method? I'm currently using a high ph boost 3 part solution but it's getting expensive and looking for alternatives.

Regards
Yes but will be confusing as the alk in AFR develops over a few days, so you add it then test a few days later to see where your alk is, I personally would just move to one of the methods, if that is what you are meaning to do.

sdreefer619

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tropic Marin recommends using all for reef as cal alk and mag. Then using the balling method for cal and mag if it’s consumed quicker. I believe. There’s tons of information on this product. I’m currently dosing this with aminos. So far it’s cheaper lol

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone

Regards

I'm confused. All for Reef is way more expensive than a DIY three part (or should be).

A Young Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone

Regards
trust me all for reef is not any cheaper at all.

OP
OP
M

marios82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually in Europe all for reef powder is cheaper (around 45 dollars for 10 liters).

Cheaper than what?

What materials are you using for it and who are you buying it from?

It doesn't make sense for All For Reef to be cheaper.

OP
OP
M

marios82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually in Europe all for reef powder is cheaper (around 45 dollars for 10 liters).

Cheaper than what?

What materials are you using for it and who are you buying it from?

It doesn't make sense for All For Reef to be cheaper.
If what you said in a previous thread that 10ml/100L of all for reef will raise dkh around .50 it's correct then it's actually 4 times cheaper than the components pro of aquaforest that I'm currently using. Do you see any negative effect combining this 2 products?

Last edited:

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If what you said in a previous thread that 10ml/100L of all for reef will raise dkh around .50 it's correct then it's actually 4 times cheaper than the components pro of aquaforest that I'm currently using. Do you see any negative effect combining this to 2 products?

OK, I misunderstood. Commercial two parts can also be quite expensive.

Your high pH comment threw me. I assumed it was a DIY ultra high pH 3 part (using sodium hydroxide) which is far cheaper than commercial two parts.

Miami Reef

10K Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, I misunderstood. Commercial two parts can also be quite expensive.

Your high pH comment threw me. I assumed it was a DIY ultra high pH 3 part (using sodium hydroxide) which is far cheaper than commercial two parts.
Me too lol.

sdreefer619

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brs has a video out about the cost per liter. Mix it yourself it’s about 12 but if you buy the powder it’s 6 per liter if you look at it that way yes it is cheaper if you get the powder.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brs has a video out about the cost per liter. Mix it yourself it’s about 12 but if you buy the powder it’s 6 per liter if you look at it that way yes it is cheaper if you get the powder.
By the sounds of it he is not in the US, the DIY ingredients are not easy found and are also much more expensive than in the US.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone for the help I guess I have to stick to my current set up.

There's nothing wrong with using All for Reef at the same time as a two part.

But if cost is a concern. I'd also encourage you to look for DIY options that may be far cheaper than a commercial two part.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back