All for reef or 2 part

reefcoralclam

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to start dosing soon I don't know if I should go with brs 2 part or all for reef. I have a biocube 32 with multiple sps and lps.

Thank you
Hasstin

Unregistered1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you going to be hand dosing or using a pump? Either brs 2 part or all one reef will work. Its really up to you what you want to do. Maybe ones more cost effective.

Unregistered1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
could I drip 2 part in to my tank like kalkwasser
No, you can use the reef calculator and figure out how much to dose your tank based on size and what DKH your trying to acheive. Now if your using a dosing pump that could be several times day. If doing by hand it might be as simple as dosing by hand once a day. All tanks are different based on many variables

Poochaku

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
on a nano, the convenience of all for reef is worth the price premium. powdered all for reef is coming soon (tm) and will likely render this discussion moot.

Unregistered1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
on a nano, the convenience of all for reef is worth the price premium. powdered all for reef is coming soon (tm) and will likely render this discussion moot.
Or you could just use Carbo-calcium thats already available and just add the trace elements

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soda ash. Hths. If you really are at the need for demand stage. You will need to test and dose accordingly. You will learn your tanks demands and what it takes to get your numbers where u want. Take the dose youve calculated and spread it out. If u need 80ml. Dose 4 20s if u can through out the day and test. Make changes. Ect. It will be a week in week out thing for a cpl.months. pre made 2 part is ok on a nano or a small demand. It becomes costly over time. Why i recommend making your own with brs bulk media with 1 gallon rodi.

D

DanTheReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used all for reef last year, was the first year the 75 gallon was set up (bare bottom, dry rock - never again), so had low demand for getting everything replenished.

Can say a few things about All4Reef- it’s easy, it works, and it’s not that expensive in a low demand tank. The doser is even built right into the bottle so you poor directly from the container to the reef. Doesn’t muck up equipment. Downside (like someone else said) is it doesn’t help raise your ph.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally think a two part is a better way to get established. There are some complexities with All for Reef dosing and control that may make it better suited to more experienced reefers (such as determining how much to dose).

maleks.reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally think a two part is a better way to get established. There are some complexities with All for Reef dosing and control that may make it better suited to more experienced reefers (such as determining how much to dose).
How is AFR more complex? I've been thinking of using AFR to do fewer WCs but your comment scared me lol.
They have a dosing calculator on their site. It seems pretty easy.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 16.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 50 52.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.4%
Back