All for reef powder mixed leaves crusty residue?

mrpontiac80

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using all for reef in ready to dose liquid form. Recently I purchased the powder to mix my own. I followed directions and feel good about the product. However my gallon container I mixed it in was not ideal for daily manual dosing so i decided to pour some into my just emptied AFR container that held the premixed liquid. I have noticed that the dosing cup is crusty almost like salt creep or something. The premade liquid did not do this.
is this normal for the powder formulation?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using all for reef in ready to dose liquid form. Recently I purchased the powder to mix my own. I followed directions and feel good about the product. However my gallon container I mixed it in was not ideal for daily manual dosing so i decided to pour some into my just emptied AFR container that held the premixed liquid. I have noticed that the dosing cup is crusty almost like salt creep or something. The premade liquid did not do this.
is this normal for the powder formulation?

Any time you leave it to dry out, it may get that way. Is that what is happening?

OP
OP
mrpontiac80

mrpontiac80

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any time you leave it to dry out, it may get that way. Is that what is happening?
So yes I notice it in the dosage cup and the cap on the bottle. I’m mostly curious because the premixed did not do this. Here is a pic of the crust and also the bottle that I have reused.
4540C8C3-36F4-4CBF-ADA0-74CDA0D25009.jpeg
E34CA57E-D1A0-467A-A5A4-43E4321865EE.jpeg

My powder mixes great, looks clear I just didn’t want to be daily manual dosing out of a jug.
B84F0C83-9889-40E7-9F1B-0423F8CBFA85.jpeg

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 20 14.5%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 64 46.4%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back