All Green Walt Disney Acro

BigJim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Walt Disney is just one of those acros that can dramatically alter its colors basically due to everything and anything. From what I've seen, if it's a dark shade of green, sorta purple tips, without a doubt not getting enuff light. Mine sits in like 450 par under t5s and I have yet to see any blue.

I think we might be looking for a unicorn trying to get that royal blue color. The only ones I have seen with that color were under heavy blue lighting. Mine looks that color when I turn the color all the way down on my kessils and turn off my T5s. That being said, I think it is a beautiful acro with the light purple, pink, green and the gold polyps. I think every coral pictured here looks pretty sharp.

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I've only seen it start to pick up blue on the tips one time, but then it went away. This pic is from 10/10/17. Not sure how it got it or a way to reproduce it. :(

upload_2017-11-15_12-21-42.png
I think we might be looking for a unicorn trying to get that royal blue color. The only ones I have seen with that color were under heavy blue lighting. Mine looks that color when I turn the color all the way down on my kessils and turn off my T5s. That being said, I think it is a beautiful acro with the light purple, pink, green and the gold polyps. I think every coral pictured here looks pretty sharp.
It's not that it's blue. It's more of a suddle shade of purple. Witch then reflects the blue spectrum of your lighting. It's almost like you don't achieve this under t5s. From all the different setups and colonys I've seen to date, not 1 looked the same. They've all had their intricate patterns of color. Except! T5 lit tanks. All the t5 setups I've came across we're always a shade of pink or orange. Pretty fascinating, I love this acro. It's good that it's getting way way less expensive then some people can afford, and can finally achieve the beauty from this acropora

Titanwerx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you able to get that much polyp extension? I can barely get any polyps to extend on my WD.

I’d also like to get a little more polyp extension! What are people feeding or doing to achieve this?!

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started a thread a while back when I wanted one of these corals and after seeing what they look like most of the day and not under actinic only I decided not to get one. I agree with the corals going green under wrong lighting and alk can play a big role in sps color as well. From all the pics here it looks like most peoples colored up nicely. I finally got to see one under actinic only at a frag swap and its amazing to look at. Put it under 10K and its just a regular coral. So what I'm saying here is you make want to crank up your actnics to see if it colors up more quickly. Good luck.

OP
OP
Steve Ruddy

Steve Ruddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is mine. I have had it for about two weeks and it's on the bottom right now. It's getting about 130 PAR and moderately high flow. I'll move it up soon. Looks like the new growth at the base is showing a hint of purple.

_59A4136.jpg

Mattrg02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it me, or is the WD really an Orange Passion with a bit more color to it?

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No OP is green and blue with orange polyps. The WD has some pink and purple with gold polyps.
This. If you see a WD colony next to an OP colony you can immediately tell which is the OP. It is overall very orange because of the polyps :)

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some corals just don't pop right under any lighting but LED. Most people with a Homewrecker or Walt Disney running T5 seem to have the same conclusion: "Whats the big deal". People with LED's (and proper water chemistry) have a very different experience.

I've seen two that look like the pictures. They look literally almost photoshopped in real life, picture perfect. I've seen DOZENS that looks meh.

In my experience -- Some corals need LED's to show their goods. This is one of them.

ajcanale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some corals just don't pop right under any lighting but LED. Most people with a Homewrecker or Walt Disney running T5 seem to have the same conclusion: "Whats the big deal". People with LED's (and proper water chemistry) have a very different experience.

I've seen two that look like the pictures. They look literally almost photoshopped in real life, picture perfect. I've seen DOZENS that looks meh.

In my experience -- Some corals need LED's to show their goods. This is one of them.

Not so fast! Most of the proper WDs out there are being grown and colored up under T5 + Royal Blue LED strips (reefbrite, SBreef...etc) including Mike.
IMG_1221.JPG

Of course they can be colored up well under 100% LED as well.
IMG_0796.JPG

Mattrg02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not so fast! Most of the proper WDs out there are being grown and colored up under T5 + Royal Blue LED strips (reefbrite, SBreef...etc) including Mike.
IMG_1221.JPG

Of course they can be colored up well under 100% LED as well.
IMG_0796.JPG

LED is way better in my opinion.

Skep18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mine was green. I asked the seller. He said it was cut from the base portion and didn't get the same light to develop the other colors but it would over time given the right conditions.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back