Status
Not open for further replies.

TeJ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I haven’t read all the previous posts, but are you in the medical field? I’ve had it happen twice now and I believe it’s the hand sanitizers that aren’t pure alcohol. Hard to pinpoint.

Jcascioli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So sorry for your loss my friend! That’s terrible to hear about the hawk. Keep your head up and keep at it.. good luck with your recovery

Doglips56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im going to try and save my corals now so it looks like its going to be a long weekend.
I would like to thank everybody from the bottom of my heart for the messages of support and advice you have all given me, it has been a very dark day for me but thanks to all of you who have made it a bit better.
My love and thanks to all of you.
I think we all just feel heartbroken for you. Not exclusively, but especially for your late father’s angel. I hope by this time you’ve been able to remount your corals onto frag plugs. Hopefully at some point you will learn what happened

tomdjeff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im very diligent on things like that, so nothing that comes to mind.
Just a thought: on a water change/ add, was any chlorine tap water used without using one of the anti chlorine treatments? Had this happen accidentally years ago with same baddddd results. Stupid mistake!

cvrle1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kind of had the feeling that someone put something harmful into the tank but perfume would have been the last on my list.
Also, even if your niece didn't do it with mal intent and you don't hold it against her it might be worth checking if this is covered by the liability insurance of her parents - after all, this is a substantial financial hit and precisely the kind of thing people have insurance for.

Not to derail this thread, but I am glad I am not related to you in any way. Hope that your nice/nephew (if you have any) dont ever do anything to cause you any hardship in their life. ;Wacky

cvrle1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a thought: on a water change/ add, was any chlorine tap water used without using one of the anti chlorine treatments? Had this happen accidentally years ago with same baddddd results. Stupid mistake!

Sigh, post 107. You may want to read it lol

ThRoewer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to derail this thread, but I am glad I am not related to you in any way. Hope that your nice/nephew (if you have any) dont ever do anything to cause you any hardship in their life. ;Wacky
Did you actually read what I said?
If they have insurance why not file a claim? After all, that's what insurance is for!
This damage easily goes into the thousands of dollars! I don't know what her financial situation is but not everyone has surplus money lying around, especially not now.

cvrle1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you actually read what I said?
If they have insurance why not file a claim? After all, that's what insurance is for!
This damage easily goes into the thousands of dollars! I don't know what her financial situation is but not everyone has surplus money lying around, especially not now.

And by doing so their claim history takes a hit and their insurance goes up. Thousands of dollars? Nowhere close really. All equipment is still there, rocks are still good to be used, sand is cheap to replace, fish that op had dont cost 100s of dollars. people setup tanks with live stock for $1K, so to say something like this would cost "thousands" is a joke really.

Regardless, not part of the thread, so lets not derail

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most insurance will only cover equipment. I have special insurance on mine, but they will only cover the equipment, no loss of life for the animals. I am guessing to get that you would have to have a very special policy that is out of reach for most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 36 41.9%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 42 48.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back