Shipping
YES shipping is available

ReefLegends

For all your phyto, rotifer and copepods needs
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Save up to 20% this weekend till Monday night on our Phyto, Rotifers & Copepods. Orders will ship out Tuesday 1/16/24 due to MLK day on Monday and UPS being closed. All Phyto, Rotifer & pods are on sale, orders under $69.99 save 10% orders from $70-99.99 will save 15% and all orders over $100 will save 20%. Ocean Delight bottles are already discounted $20 on either size and are excluded from the sale. Orders over $200 will have an additional $20 reward credit applied to their account for future purchase.

Click here to be directed towards the website

OP
OP
ReefLegends

ReefLegends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for all your support yesterday. It was the single largest group of orders that come in from R2R in a day. Still plenty of products on the site, up to 15 orders shipping on Tuesday. I would love to beat 22 orders for one day.

Here is a sample of our rotifers, they are finally doing well again and consuming phyto like crazy. This is 1 gallon of water volume and after sieving we are filling to the 1/2 gallon mark, doubling the amount of rotifers. This is still a little lower volume than we had before Cyber Monday. Rotifers will increase in price once we hit peak concentration levels again.

The video clip on instagram is 2.5x zoom with a orphek light shinning on them.

Rotifer density video

OP
OP
ReefLegends

ReefLegends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
30 hours left of the sale, I should have a new clip to share later today. Shipping on Tuesday will depend on your local weather and the advice of UPS. If your order doesn't go out Tuesday, it will ship Wednesday.

22 orders have been placed, thanks for your support, 8 have come from R2R this week.

There is a limited amount of Rhodomonas left for the week. Check out an older clip of the red pigmentation (phycoerythrin) in the strain. The 6.5 gallon carboys get harvested each week, chilled and then blended each day into our blend. We do not start cultures or sell from these carboys, they are only for the blend.

Rhodomonas salina clip

OP
OP
ReefLegends

ReefLegends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Last day of the sale, orders go out Tuesday and Wednesday. Sale ends tonight at 9pm MST. Thanks for all your support over this weekends sale, I have 25 orders for Tuesday making it the busiest shipping day ever.

I have a copepod harvest clip I need to edit and post. Here is another clip of our phytoplankton strains. What strains are you really getting in your phytoplankton blends? Rhodomonas salina and Isochrysis galbana are the first strains to start deteriorating. Rhodomonas while alive in the fridge will start to go struggle after 7-8 days and cells start to turn green after day 10, Isochrysis galbana is 7-10 days before cells settle at the bottom at a rapid rate.

These two strains are purchased in single strain bottles the most, for this reason. Rhodomonas salina will struggle if you try and culture it 4-6 days after harvest even when kept refrigerated.

a sample of phytoplankton from last night.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 77 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.6%
Back