All these "What's your favorite salt mix?" threads....

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I contend that ppl post what there favorite salt mix is ..... based mostly on their buying habits. And not necessarily bc they've "cornered" a secret best-salt brand as a "gem"

Think about it.... imo....90% of what ppl buy is based on buying habits....bc why chance a bad purchase by switching brands when what I'm buying is working for me

I contend 90% of us buy:

* buy groceries at the same store based on habit....and while there buy the same exact brands of food each time; same brand of spaghetti sauce, peanut butter, cereal, etc

* I contend that 90% of us get the same exact dinner option when we go to a restaurant we've been to before

* you name it... we always go back to our buying habits based on comfort levels; same place for haircuts, car repairs, dentists, fast food joints

Sooooo....why would buying salt brands be any different?

I contend ppl buy the SAME salt mix year-in year-out bc it basically does "the job" and ppl are afraid to change brand bc what they are buying is working for their tanks.

No reason to change salt Mfgrs if everything is status quo

Sooooooo.... these threads listing what ppl buy as salt brands is just a confusing list of buying habits.... really not showing what's BEST...bc what's best for your tank is not necessarily best for mine!

Let's discuss buying habits.....

Last edited:

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite salt - and I adhere to this strongly - is Morton’s. We’re talking grocery shopping, right?

82303F33-5331-4030-97DB-C36E354CB7F8.jpeg

Jobsafish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I buy Aquaforest Reef Salt because that’s what my LFS stocks and uses in their systems. As I buy most of my fish and coral from them, it made sense to get the same. If they change what they stock/use I’d probably do the same at this point.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are cracking me up Mr Hong Kong....
I went to the beach yesterday. A man dropped his cell phone in the water. The police arrested him. I was kind of shocked. They charged him with a salt in battery.

kyleThatGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only brand I have developed some loyalty to is Brs because I like the YouTube vids but if they don’t have what I want I’ve got no problem with shopping somewhere else...but for food I like to change that up can’t have things getting stale

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 29.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 35.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 27.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back