All Tunze skimmers removed from BRS except for COMline?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ReeferSamster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked at BRS to possibly buying a skimmer (I'm late 20 years! :p )
I've decided on the Tunze 9410 DC skimmer but I see that BRS does not offer Tunze skimmers anymore. In fact, they removed all products in the skimmer/filter section and only have the internal "in tank" COM modelsL The 9001, 9004 and 9012.

I understand its out of stock everywhere, supply chain issues, but is there a reason BRS removed all the listings?
Is Tunze considering discontinuing that line and making updated skimmers? That would be great!
As much as the DOC skimmers were so fantastic, they have been out for many years with no improvements except DC.
Or do you guys believe you have achieved the ultimate level of skimmer nirvana, so "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" ;Woot

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/protein-skimmers/internal-protein-skimmers/tunze.html

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS has never carried our in sump skimmers. You can get them from AquaCave, Premium Aquatics, Champion Lighting, Saltwater Aquarium.com, Aquarium Specialty and Marine and Reef. The 9410 DC will likely be a long wait, we have the regular 9410's in stock, but with the shortage of IC's DC pumps are getting harder and harder to produce and the lead times only get longer.

Duncan62

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS has never carried our in sump skimmers. You can get them from AquaCave, Premium Aquatics, Champion Lighting, Saltwater Aquarium.com, Aquarium Specialty and Marine and Reef. The 9410 DC will likely be a long wait, we have the regular 9410's in stock, but with the shortage of IC's DC pumps are getting harder and harder to produce and the lead times only get longer.
The ac versions are easier to keep in adjustment. All are good.

Duncan62

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I‘ve had no problems with my DC version so far.
In the neighborhood I live in the huge trees touch power lines and the antiquated power fluctuates. On the other DC stuff it's not really noticeable but my DC skimmer was difficult to keep in tune. It's a quality product . I'm keeping it. In this situation ac just easier.

reefer333_

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good choice on the skimmer, OP. Best skimmer I have ever owned and I tried about 7-8 different brands over the years. I have a dc version, very quiet, haven't adjusted since I first set it up. Never went nuts when stuff goes into the water column. Acrylic on the skimmer is thin and you need to be careful while cleaning the cup not to crack it, but man, I won't buy any other brand for skimmers. Hope they don't discontinue these models for my future upgrades. Outperformed high end skimmers by a mile in my experience.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back