Allardi feeding Ocellaris to anemone

mattybecks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty brutal. My two Allardi's attacking my two ocellaris clowns.
You can see in the video how he keeps ramming him into the anemone. (sorry for the vertical filming, it wasn't me but my girlfriend who took it)

I was out the country when this happened. The Ocellaris survived 10 days with this treatment from the Allardi's. I was amazed they managed to survive that long.

As soon as I was back I converted my 10g freshwater planted tank to marine and put them in. They seem overjoyed to be in their own tank and started eating immediately acting like nothing had happened.

Been almost a week now and they seem well.

Gotta love clowns.

IMG_20191124_204938.jpg
IMG_20191125_185205.jpg
IMG_20191125_185208.jpg

Sashaka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns don't tolerate each other well, even when they are the same species let alone when they are different species of clowns. I had to break apart a bonded pair because the female was such a stinker to the male. I'm glad you were able to get home in time to save them and were willing and able to set up another tank to give them a new home. :)

OP
OP
mattybecks

mattybecks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns don't tolerate each other well, even when they are the same species let alone when they are different species of clowns. I had to break apart a bonded pair because the female was such a stinker to the male. I'm glad you were able to get home in time to save them and were willing and able to set up another tank to give them a new home. :)
I read about this but went against my better judgement. Very convincing sales person at the LFS, who had 3 clowns in his 20gal, and showed me other video examples.
Lesson learned haha.

Sashaka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read about this but went against my better judgement. Very convincing sales person at the LFS, who had 3 clowns in his 20gal, and showed me other video examples.
Lesson learned haha.

Yes. There are always exceptions to any rule. Bottom line a LFS won't stay in business long if they don't sell enough stock to stay afloat, so many will say what the customer wants to hear. Sadly there are many LFS out there that don't really care if a fish dies or does not work out because it means the customer will likely be back to buy more fish. If you find a reputable LFS, stick with them! I don't have any where I live and have to resort to the bulk of my purchases from online vendors. Luckily, I've found a few I trust. :)

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yikes but not surprising.... Big aggressive clowns and one nem. right in the middle of the tank to aggravate the situation.

Glad they made it.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 62 75.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back