Allow Me to Introduce Myself!

Acord0296

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there reefers!
I’m Austin, and I am brand new to the hobby! Over the past few weeks I have been putting together my first tank, and I am very excited to be diving straight into saltwater/reef territory. I am primarily a musician, and most of my life revolves around continuously practicing, writing and recording, and always working on my craft as a whole. Recently I have wanted to take some time to explore some other interests of mine, as to not get overly stagnant in that area of my life. I’ve always had a major interest in marine life for as long as I can remember, and my girlfriend has kept freshwater fish in our home for a couple years now. When I realized that I could keep a reef of my own, I just had to do it! I’ve been endlessly researching and finding any time I can to learn more about marine life and the reef keeping hobby/community. I’m looking forward to getting this aquarium going and challenging myself to maintain it consistently and grow in the hobby! For now here are some pics of my tank thus far, and I’m excited to explore this world with all of you! Happy reefing!
107D8DE8-D927-4E86-94C5-6D5B7BC62952.jpeg
F1C658FD-B47A-4401-A35F-5A0E37CE76E7.jpeg
C76233AD-CEEA-42CD-A6C5-2C3B695C84ED.jpeg

omar jawad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. It looks like your off to a great start. Make sure you think about every scenario before you make a decision. It’s very easy to overlook things when your first getting started. Lean on this forum whenever your unsure. Good luck!

OP
OP
Acord0296

Acord0296

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like the scape. What are the plans for livestock?
I plan to start out fairly basic. I’d like to have a pair of Black Ocellaris Clowns, Firefish/Purple Firefish, some Green Chromis, Tailspot Blenny to name a few. As for corals, and inverts I’m still looking into what I’d like to keep. Soft corals and LPS mostly. Although, I’d love to have some Monti in here at some point...

Last edited:

EW_Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan to start out fairly basic. I’d like to have a pair of Black Ocellaris Clowns, Firefish/Purple Firefish, some Green Chromis, Tailspot Blenny to name a few. As for corals, and inverts I’m still looking into what I’d like to keep. Soft corals and SPS mostly. Although, I’d love to have some Monti in here at some point...
Nice, Montipora are sps but much easier to care for as far as acroporas. Make sure to research everything before you buy it.

Back