Allow WebP Uploads

chipmunkofdoom2

Always Making Something
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please consider making WebP one of the accepted image formats. It's a mature image encoder and offers much better colors for moving images than GIF (24-bit vs 256). Here's an example of a GIF that I created to show coral growth. The GIF quality is not great. The WebP quality is much better (linked because I can't upload), but the size is roughly the same (+/- 5%).

UnnamedAcro.gif

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Please consider making WebP one of the accepted image formats. It's a mature image encoder and offers much better colors for moving images than GIF (24-bit vs 256). Here's an example of a GIF that I created to show coral growth. The GIF quality is not great. The WebP quality is much better (linked because I can't upload), but the size is roughly the same (+/- 5%).

UnnamedAcro.gif

I will be thrilled too once XF starts supporting it. There is a request in for it so I'm hoping! Thank you!

OP
OP
chipmunkofdoom2

chipmunkofdoom2

Always Making Something
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be thrilled too once XF starts supporting it. There is a request in for it so I'm hoping! Thank you!

Thanks, I didn't know that it was a software limitation. I appreciate you looking into it.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 39 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back