Allow WebP Uploads

chipmunkofdoom2

Always Making Something
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please consider making WebP one of the accepted image formats. It's a mature image encoder and offers much better colors for moving images than GIF (24-bit vs 256). Here's an example of a GIF that I created to show coral growth. The GIF quality is not great. The WebP quality is much better (linked because I can't upload), but the size is roughly the same (+/- 5%).

UnnamedAcro.gif

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Please consider making WebP one of the accepted image formats. It's a mature image encoder and offers much better colors for moving images than GIF (24-bit vs 256). Here's an example of a GIF that I created to show coral growth. The GIF quality is not great. The WebP quality is much better (linked because I can't upload), but the size is roughly the same (+/- 5%).

UnnamedAcro.gif

I will be thrilled too once XF starts supporting it. There is a request in for it so I'm hoping! Thank you!

OP
OP
chipmunkofdoom2

chipmunkofdoom2

Always Making Something
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be thrilled too once XF starts supporting it. There is a request in for it so I'm hoping! Thank you!

Thanks, I didn't know that it was a software limitation. I appreciate you looking into it.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 86.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 6.7%
Back