Almost fallow tank?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JLight
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JLight

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 22, 2013
Messages
482
Reaction score
0
Location
Upstate, New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a question for you guys...I recently purchased a coral beauty and put it in the dt like an idiot and the next day realized it had Ick. So now I gotta fix my mistake. I'm taking the fish out and I'm going to run the tank fishless for 8 weeks. But I cannot catch my yellow watchman goby. Any chance him being in there will keep the ick in the tank? Will running it 98% fishless be effective?
 
Unfortunately, yes.....if there are any fish in the tank, there is a very good chance the parasite will remain.
 
It is completely pointless to proceed with a fallow period if you don't get all the fish out.
 
Jeeze alright so I might as well put all the other fish back in and let it ride it's course
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new