OP
OP
C

Cflow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I’ve dealt with dinos before when doing zeovit a few years back. It killed most of my sps. My current frag tank had then for a little while too but they eventually died out. I don’t have a PO4 supplement besides fish food. I’ll try the skimmate dump. Need to get my snails out so some algae can compete it out for space.

OP
OP
C

Cflow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So in dosed some KNO3 and monosodium phosphate to help bring up levels. They are now measurable. The dinos are on the retreat. There seems to be a lot of extra stuff flying around in the tank. I have a triton style sump so no place to put filter socks unless I add hob filter or media reactor with polyfill. I’ve been thinking about dosing H2O2 to eradicate them but I noticed something strange. My yellow tang seems to graze on it. They are definitely dinos but my tang seems to like them. Wondering if I add my turbo snails and sea hair again if they will also chow down.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So in dosed some KNO3 and monosodium phosphate to help bring up levels. They are now measurable. The dinos are on the retreat. There seems to be a lot of extra stuff flying around in the tank. I have a triton style sump so no place to put filter socks unless I add hob filter or media reactor with polyfill. I’ve been thinking about dosing H2O2 to eradicate them but I noticed something strange. My yellow tang seems to graze on it. They are definitely dinos but my tang seems to like them. Wondering if I add my turbo snails and sea hair again if they will also chow down.
Some Dino species are nontoxic. I have read here several times that pods will eat the non toxic versions as well.

OP
OP
C

Cflow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after aggressively dosing KNO3 and phosphate I was finally able to get a little bit of algae on my glass. The dinos were still floating freely in the water, but were definitely dying off. I eventually broke down and got a jebao Uv sterilizer and threw in a filter sock. After a few days the Dinos are gone! Will slowly taper off uv over a few weeks. Funny how marine pure blocks lead me to Dinos, but I guess I can vouch that uv does help remove Dinos.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back