Always Facebook requirements??

mmatt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey hey hey!

So I'm brand new to this forum but not brand new to the hobby. Also north of the border up in lovely canada. But to my question.

Why is it that all contests require you to follow them on Facebook? I mean i understand the purpose of it but what about us none Facebook users?

I have no use for Facebook but I have no problem giving up my email address. I'd like a chance to win some of these awesome prizes too

twilliard

Tank pests..
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
David explained that to me quite well some time ago. It's the vendor's request and decision to allow it to be possible.
Welcome to the R2R community!

Mike_J

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your use of FB could be solely for the purpose of entering R2R contests to win free stuff! :p You would not have to access FB otherwise. Might be worth it, there are lot of sweet giveaways. ;)

Welcome to R2R!

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never had face book, and never will. I agree with the OP. I will give up my email address. No problem with rules, there are plenty across the board I don't agree with, and plenty I do!

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have to say that it probley gets them a ton of likes and makes them More popular so more people check them out on FB. I hate FB I think it dumb and a waste of time.i don't see the point of putting pictures of your self and family up on the web so the world can see. But that's just my opinion

OP
OP
mmatt

mmatt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang you Facebook and wanting to know everything about everything about everyone!

I had it long ago but chose to give it up for reasons I'm sure are similar others on this thread that don't have it, and it was the best decision I made.

Like said above. Forums are as social media as I get but at least it's a wealth of useful information.

Thle009

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not so much for you, but a popular form of free advertisement to your friends via Facebook.

Thle009

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have to say that it probley gets them a ton of likes and makes them More popular so more people check them out on FB. I hate FB I think it dumb and a waste of time.i don't see the point of putting pictures of your self and family up on the web so the world can see. But that's just my opinion

I used to hate Facebook as well, until I met my wife's family who lives thousands of miles away and now it's a great platform to share things in our lives. Just like the Internet, it can be a great tool or a time vortex. The power is yours. LOL.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi! I would agree with some who have pointed out the marketing reasons behind the user of FB, and I do encourage setting up a FB account for the use of contests even if you don't use it for anything else (you could even create an alternate email for that if you want).

However, I do want to point that while many contests here do have FB as one of the participation points, there are also contests that do not.

ashley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont have a Facebook either...i hate that I miss out on those opportunities...its a real bummer....

Areseebee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on not being on facebook. I just made a dummy account that is used exclusively for entering these contests.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 60 33.7%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 57 32.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back