Am i crazy?

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I swear to god I feel im losing my mind, probably because iv been watching my sump water level too much. But for some reason my sump water level goes up and down. And when I say up and down. Like 0.1 up and 0.1 down. Sometimes enougj to trigger the ato 3x times in a min. Im beyond confused why this is happening? Mp40s pushing water or changing water level from the flow? They are running at 40% my mp40s. My vectra m2 running at 50% calibrated. Im extremely confused. I even notice for example I set the gate valve to be under the emergency pipe. It stays there all day. I wake up, and it’s changed. Why these changes happening? And how much do they affect the system? Sometimes I see my Red Sea ato plus fills to the sensor, and then I see my water level dropping enough to trigger to ato again.

I watch my sensor goes up, and down. Sometimes more sometimes less.

IMG_5201.png

RabidDragon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

is debris being sucked into your pumps occasionally reducing their effectiveness?​

Is debris plugging up your overflow which increases your display tank level to the point the increased pressure blows out the debris and dumps into your sump?

Do you have Swing Check Valve True Unions (one-way flow regulator) that could be plugged up?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 154 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.2%
Back