TSM Aquatics

fishski13

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hi guys recently I have been wondering if I am feeding my fish enough? I have a small scopas tang, small heniochus butterfly, and two clowns in one tank and two sissortail gobies in another. In the larger tank I feed seaweed every other day in the morning for my tang and butterfly and than towards the night I feed about one to two cubes of frozen food between the two tanks. Usually the days I feed the seaweed I only defrost one cube and on days with no seaweed I defrost two cubes. In my bigger tank I portion on the cubes usually into 2-3 servings and everything I put into the tank is eaten. Same for my sissortail gobies. Is this sufficient enough?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+4 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+4 /0 /-0
Hi guys recently I have been wondering if I am feeding my fish enough? I have a small scopas tang, small heniochus butterfly, and two clowns in one tank and two sissortail gobies in another. In the larger tank I feed seaweed every other day in the morning for my tang and butterfly and than towards the night I feed about one to two cubes of frozen food between the two tanks. Usually the days I feed the seaweed I only defrost one cube and on days with no seaweed I defrost two cubes. In my bigger tank I portion on the cubes usually into 2-3 servings and everything I put into the tank is eaten. Same for my sissortail gobies. Is this sufficient enough?
Feed what they can eat in 2-3 minutes. Easier to add food than to remove it.
I sppon feed food to maintain control of portions

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0

Sounds good. Are the fish healthy and eat readily?

I feed mainly frozen cubes to my tanks. For the large predator tank, I feed 3 cubes per day before I leave for work.

For the 2 mixed reef tanks I make up a weeks supply of frozen cubes and store it in a mason jar in the fridge. I usually do 2 rows of "saltwater multi-pack" and a couple each of brine, plankton, and mysis. I also add to this a couple tablespoons of dried flakes and 1/2 teaspoon of Benepets for the corals. I feed about a teaspoon or so to the 32g which only has 3 fish and a dozen or so corals, and a good 2 tablespoons or so to the 55 which has 14 fish and about 50 corals.

Top Shelf Aquatics

[email protected]

Living the Reef Life
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Feed what they can eat in 2-3 minutes. Easier to add food than to remove it.
I sppon feed food to maintain control of portions
This Is The Way GIF

AquaNerd