BighohoReef

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where you get these from ? :O so much hitch hikers
Mariculture pieces are from a wholesaler in Florida. I have greater respect for the big shops now but am also curious about how they keep the pests out of their system. When we were going through our dipping and cleaning process we had Adam at Battlecorals Coralvue interview up... Now and forever will I be QT'ing all SPS pieces that I don't know are aquacultured.

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do you feel the need to float and then drip them, especially after your 30 day QT? In the past, I’ve never had problems with their survival by just plopping them in after a dip.

OP
OP
BighohoReef

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do you feel the need to float and then drip them, especially after your 30 day QT? In the past, I’ve never had problems with their survival by just plopping them in after a dip.

I'm a risk-averse person and a creature of habit. No science behind it but I typically like to monitor anything before it goes into the DT regardless of how long it's been in QT... I suppose I don't need to take the extra step for floating and dripping but I like to, it's kept my DT pest free and my corals are doing well.

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a risk-averse person and a creature of habit. No science behind it but I typically like to monitor anything before it goes into the DT regardless of how long it's been in QT... I suppose I don't need to take the extra step for floating and dripping but I like to, it's kept my DT pest free and my corals are doing well.
I’m not disputing the risks of pests on mariculture pieces. I’m wondering why you think you need such a long acclimation process two times, or even just once.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back