Am I the only one who goes fishing and has a reefing hobby ?

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t like fishing but my teenage son loves it so I go fishing sometimes. While on vacation in Florida this year he caught a puffer which I though was kinda cool
IMG_9741.jpeg

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking of how ironic it is to fish and also have a fish tank. Anybody else catch and release ? Take home the big monsters to cook, since you began reefing maybe changed your mind about the fishing hobby ?
If I changed my mind about the fishing hobby...it would be a conflict of interest at work. Broodstock trout hatchery.

I just got a new pair of boots and waders. I'm planning a week long trip to the Rhode Island coast next week. Hoping to tangle with false albacore. I let these go....they taste like poo from what I hear.
IMG_20220915_174935.jpg

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t like fishing but my teenage son loves it so I go fishing sometimes. While on vacation in Florida this year he caught a puffer which I though was kinda cool
IMG_9741.jpeg
This right here is why I slowed down. I get tired of catching the best fish on the planet (puffers). I fished the Florida intercoastal waterway in Jacksonville mostly. Between puffers and bonnet sharks that never go back under water I quit. I still get out on the little jetties and off the pier/ramp in my neighborhood for reds and flounder. I have a oyster shoal about 2 blocks away out in the brackish St John's. Kayak out nail a red or two after work then go home

OP
OP
jmichaelh7

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
never thought about it like this but I fish reef sites in south jersey every weekend caught a trigger lastweek took it home and ate it
C2EF1B80-AA9B-49E3-A2B6-7729F9B71D95.jpeg

To be honest I think fishing is what got me into the hobby
Woa you ate it how did that taste and how did you cook it

OP
OP
jmichaelh7

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
If I changed my mind about the fishing hobby...it would be a conflict of interest at work. Broodstock trout hatchery.

I just got a new pair of boots and waders. I'm planning a week long trip to the Rhode Island coast next week. Hoping to tangle with false albacore. I let these go....they taste like poo from what I hear.
IMG_20220915_174935.jpg
Nice brother ! She’s a good size

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 163 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back