Amazon Alexa meets Apex Fusion.....

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here are 2 examples of Alexa integration with Apex Fusion.... This is truly ground breaking control thru voice commands.... I can't tell you how many times I have been in my control room downstairs and away from my phone or tablet... So many times my hands have been wet, and my wet fingers couldn't activate buttons or I just didn't have the app readily accessible. You can quickly control outlets thru voice commands. I have an Alexa device in all my rooms and near all my Tanks and control room.

Here's an example of a Alexa commanding a virtual outlet that I have created that activates a scene for me to take photos. It turns the power and intensity of my Radion's up to 100%

U

User1

View Badges
I've not tied it to the Apex but I do use an Amazon Dot in my den that is connected to my hub in the house along with Alexa tasks. Smart outlet in the garage for water ATO top off pump and mixing pump. I just roll a hose from garage to den with tank, say Alexa ATO on, and water fills up my container. I say Alexa ATO off and the pumps is off. Same thing when I'm filling up water during a water change. Just two simple commands tied to smart plugs and done. I turn on/off the dot since I don't want it picking up day to day traffic.

Nice job by the way.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is cool!!

dmunyon8

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has this been released to everyone or is it still in beta testing?

JDMosher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have done something similar. Lights on dimmers and equipment on outlets controlled by my hub and connected it all through Alexa. You can create scenes to turn on and off everything at separate times and at different power levels. Most hubs will also work with Google for those that don't like Alexa.

NoWaiAma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh god. Now the CIA will know my salinity !

This looks cool ^^

Back