Amazon budget lights?

Ryrycosmo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have a nicrew light, one 100w for my 20g cube. Found it on offer up for half the price and then bought their controller off Amazon. Corals seem happy

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know any good budget lights to order of off amazon? Specifically for a nano tank?
I have Hipargero 100 watt LED's on my tank, they are $149.00 each on Amazon, and dang good lights. You should be able to use just one and be fine.

OP
OP
cdemoss01

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all. Might go with a Nicrew but what sucks is that I cant see exact intensity its just a bunch of buttons. Anyone know how to properly see intensity or set it correctly for the tank?

OP
OP
cdemoss01

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is not intensity setting on the light. Buy the controller, it has fine adjustment settings. This light only controls white and blue channel, btw if that matters.
The tank came with some sort of aqueon clip on but cant adjust intensity.

IntrinsicReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have installed Viparspectra lights on a few reefs and been happy. You can control white and blue channels intensity and on/off times. Pretty basic, but it works and has been reliable for years. The 4ft tank below has two 165 watt lights over it, with less than two years of growth from frags.

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know what budget you have but personally I would opt for something else. You could get an AI prime or Red Sea 50 or Maxspect jump for around $250 or so new and probably $150 or so used and have a light with app control. Spending a little extra for the control is worth it and you'll have a better light overall. It's not like you're lighting a 6ft. SPS tank that will cost you thousands. Buy a good light and cry just once I say. I see used primes every day for around $125 through local trading/selling pages.

reeftankdude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep it simple and get two of these. I have all kinds of coral growing in my 20G Tall.

Attachments

• light.PNG
    light.PNG
    285.8 KB · Views: 80

IntrinsicReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. First of all, frags is a bit of an understatement. I started this tank with mini colonies and these are all fast growing staghorns, torts, Montipora, leathers and green hammers that grow like weeds. I just use RHF/ BRS 3 part ( soda ash, calcium chloride, magnesium) recipe and Red Sea Trace colors. Dose the soda ash at night to keep pH in the range of 8.1-8.4.
I just wanted to share that you don't have to spend 1k a light to grow coral.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 155 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.1%
Back