Ammonia and Copper Power

  • Thread starter Thread starter Weeb
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Newish person here. If my badge reads 0 ammonia and copper 2.36 ppm (Hanna), I'm okay vis a vis ammonia because the error that has been noted is in the other direction, reading too high of ammonia. Correct? Fish looks good btw.
 
Newish person here. If my badge reads 0 ammonia and copper 2.36 ppm (Hanna), I'm okay vis a vis ammonia because the error that has been noted is in the other direction, reading too high of ammonia. Correct? Fish looks good btw.

I’ve heard that ammonia badges don’t read the 0.50 ppm ammonia bound up in coppersafe/ copper power. I haven’t tested that myself though. The salicylate ammonia test does register that bound ammonia though.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new