OP
OP
B

BuddyBonButt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you have the information that says it is safe to add fish: ammonia consumed and the correct amount of nitrate produced. Check and double check.
So you think it's ok for me to go tomorrow and buy 2 clowns? I'm going for babies or fry. I don't know what young clowns are called. But not newborn

melonheadorion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I'm gonna buy the redsea master kit. Having read what I posted, think it's ok if I buy 2 baby clowns? It seems to have cycled but without tests I can't be 100%
if your api kit shows a .25 or less for ammonia, i think its safe to do so. my api kits always read .25 regardless, and i added clowns at that point, and they are still alive now after a year and a half

OP
OP
B

BuddyBonButt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if your api kit shows a .25 or less for ammonia, i think its safe to do so. my api kits always read .25 regardless, and i added clowns at that point, and they are still alive now after a year and a half
Ok I don't have my skimmer up and running. Motor burned out because I'm an idiot and didn't know I left it running out of water. A new pump is coming tomorrow. They should be fine for less than a day without one right? I've got a sock, to skimmer, to sponge filtration system

melonheadorion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I don't have my skimmer up and running. Motor burned out because I'm an idiot and didn't know I left it running out of water. A new pump is coming tomorrow. They should be fine for less than a day without one right? I've got a sock, to skimmer, to sponge filtration system
as long as you have something for gas exchange, you should be alright. i have a 20g with my 2 original clowns in it, that doesnt have a skimmer. i use surface agitation to deal with the gas exchange/ph, and it does just fine. so thats what you want to do at least in the meantime, is to make sure you ahve some surface agitation from a wavemaker or something

OP
OP
B

BuddyBonButt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as long as you have something for gas exchange, you should be alright. i have a 20g with my 2 original clowns in it, that doesnt have a skimmer. i use surface agitation to deal with the gas exchange/ph, and it does just fine. so thats what you want to do at least in the meantime, is to make sure you ahve some surface agitation from a wavemaker or something
Return pumps lincline is aimed up already

OP
OP
B

BuddyBonButt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone on this thread gotta be able to pull up directions. You have to do it, with a set up like that.
I got the 90gal tank, stand, canopy, lights (3 bar lights I've replaced), sump, skimmer, uv sterilizer, thermometer, glass tops, canopy light cooling fan, powerstrip, and powerhead for $300 lol.

It belonged to an old clients of his who unfortunately passed to cancer so he sold it off cheap to a person interested in the hobby and not a flipper.

Here's all my notes if you're interested. Give or take a few notes I've added since I've uploaded this:

ilikefish69

Kind of a Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the 90gal tank, stand, canopy, lights (3 bar lights I've replaced), sump, skimmer, uv sterilizer, thermometer, glass tops, canopy light cooling fan, powerstrip, and powerhead for $300 lol.

It belonged to an old clients of his who unfortunately passed to cancer so he sold it off cheap to a person interested in the hobby and not a flipper.

Here's all my notes if you're interested. Give or take a few notes I've added since I've uploaded this:

I am loving the notability notes. I myself spend too much time in this app

OP
OP
B

BuddyBonButt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am loving the notability notes. I myself spend too much time in this app
Trying to distance myself from relying on it but won't second guess coming here. I've spent too much on this to not do it right. I've been saving for 6 months and had the tank set up for 3. Tomorrow is gonna be a great day

ilikefish69

Kind of a Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If so just don’t be sad if they spend a couple days adjusting and not being active. My 2 clowns are full of personality and are by far the most fun to watch

OP
OP
B

BuddyBonButt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If so just don’t be sad if they spend a couple days adjusting and not being active. My 2 clowns are full of personality and are by far the most fun to watch
Yeah June 8th. 9 months in the making. Kid on Christmas right now. Can't sleep I'm so estatic

OP
OP
B

BuddyBonButt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Regular Ocellaris. I honestly don't like the look of most designer clowns but I'm a SUCKER for naked clowns. Man they amazing looking to me. But I think my first tank will host regulars. I want the the bigger one so I'm not too interested in percula clowns

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you think it's ok for me to go tomorrow and buy 2 clowns? I'm going for babies or fry. I don't know what young clowns are called. But not newborn
Yes. Have fun tomorrow!

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Regular Ocellaris. I honestly don't like the look of most designer clowns but I'm a SUCKER for naked clowns. Man they amazing looking to me. But I think my first tank will host regulars. I want the the bigger one so I'm not too interested in percula clowns

Regular ocellaris are my favorite clowns. I had a pair that regularly spawned in my tank.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 51 52.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.2%
Back