Ammonia testing

  • Thread starter Thread starter dpfish
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dpfish

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 6, 2024
Messages
32
Reaction score
11
Location
Bellingham
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am I missing something? I ran both tests twice with the same result.
1000001293.jpg
 
Am I missing something? I ran both tests twice with the same result.
1000001293.jpg


I’ve never used the Hanna tester, but the API ammonia test has been reported to give poor results. I use the Hach ammonia test myself.
 
I picked up a different ammonia test kit that also tested zero. I think the Hannah is no good.
 
What are your nitrites?
 
I’ve never used the Hanna tester, but the API ammonia test has been reported to give poor results. I use the Hach ammonia test myself.

Which one? I haven't tried them in anything other than freshwater.

Am I missing something? I ran both tests twice with the same result.
1000001293.jpg

Is that not the marine version? They have some freshwater versions that use the Nessler method which is pretty useless.
 
Which one? I haven't tried them in anything other than freshwater.



Is that not the marine version? They have some freshwater versions that use the Nessler method which is pretty useless.

I use the Hach salicylate ammonia test on a spectrophotometer. I think they also have a visual test as well. Aquarium Systems used to have a visual test that was really good, but its off the market now.

https://www.hach.com/p-nitrogen-ammonia-reagent-set-salicylate-method-10-ml/2668000
Jay
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new