Ammonia to kick start

  • Thread starter Thread starter OceanDude
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

OceanDude

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 3, 2013
Messages
67
Reaction score
0
Location
Northern New York. NORTHERN New York. haha
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I recently got live rock and have a bit of confusion. When my friend starts a new tank he puts in a block of mysis shrimp in a net on the surface of the tank. I was going to do that, but a local guy said that it's stupid and won't work and I need to use a table shrimp. My question is, after I test my ammonia and see where I am, should I put mysis or a table shrimp in? I know they both work but from your experience, what works better?
 
. Do you have any shrimp in your freezer tie a string to the shrimp and let it sit in your tank.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Both will breakdown and jump start the nitrogen cycle...which ones faster, no idea.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 15 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 28.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new