Ammonia wont go down

  • Thread starter Thread starter Eddy101
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Eddy101

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2016
Messages
24
Reaction score
7
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doing hyposalinity treatment and ammonia is at 0.25ppm (fish seem normal)
Ive done 30 percent water changes and nothing what should i do?
Thanks for your time.
 
I would recomend trying an amonia badge as they are better in these situations.
Is this a qt tank or a display tank?
And I'm guessing ick is the problem?
Cause if so hypo is hard to do on a qt tank as ur water has to stay perfectly at hypo level and even then there is strands of ick that can live in that environment.
I would recomend copper if I was guessing right above.
 
I would recomend trying an amonia badge as they are better in these situations.
Is this a qt tank or a display tank?
And I'm guessing ick is the problem?
Cause if so hypo is hard to do on a qt tank as ur water has to stay perfectly at hypo level and even then there is strands of ick that can live in that environment.
I would recomend copper if I was guessing right above.


Is that a reading for ammonia? It is a qt tank (30 gallon) yes it is for ick and the salinity level has been consistent of 1.009 for 8 days now regal tang is 90 percent better even swimming around way better im planing on leaving him gor 4 weeks after last dot of ick for now cause im not to experienced with copper
 
Ok as I have never messed with hypo all I can say is that just make sure u stay at that level with that small of a tank and evaporation it can be hard to stay their consistently

And yes seachem makes a badge that is good for qt tanks that measures ammonia better then the test kits

I'm using it on my Qt tank right now and it's great u just have to walk by and see it no testing plus it isn't affected by chemicals

Other then that I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help to u I hope ur fish kick the ick
 
Ok as I have never messed with hypo all I can say is that just make sure u stay at that level with that small of a tank and evaporation it can be hard to stay their consistently

And yes seachem makes a badge that is good for qt tanks that measures ammonia better then the test kits

I'm using it on my Qt tank right now and it's great u just have to walk by and see it no testing plus it isn't affected by chemicals

Other then that I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help to u I hope ur fish kick the ick

Youve been very helpful i appreciate everything, thank you!
 
What are you using for filtration? Do you have cycled rock in it or bioball wet dry or hob filter? A picture of the system can help determine if the system is sufficient to house bacteria colonies that will consume the ammonia.
 
I would use prime. I would also suggest doing TTM. I have done both methods. For TTM, I use prime or amquel plus between tank changes for ammonia. I use 2, 20 gallon tanks. It really is easy. I use TTM on all new fish now.

Good luck.

Shelley
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new