Amphipod: good or bad one?

Allaric

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 18, 2021
Messages
23
Reaction score
14
Location
Tampa
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I've got an amphipod population that I impulsively added to my new tank from my old tank. I was focusing on the biodiversity in the new tank before thinking about the fact I might be transferring a pest.

Can anyone help identify what type of amphipod this is? I am concerned that it may be a type that feeds on copepods or coral. It looks similar amphipods in Gammaridea, but I can't tell for sure.

Thanks for the help.

20220102_132939.jpg
 
I had those same amphipods in my last tank and didn't have any issues with them. If you want to get rid of them, get a reef safe wrasse. I did that to trim off the population and a few months later they were all gone. :face-with-tears-of-joy:
 
Looks like a normal amp to me no worries
 
Thanks folks. I will keep an eye on them and see what happens.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new