Amphipod preditor

mushrommy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there, so I bought some zoas a few weeks ago but my amphipods aren't allowing my zoas to open by constantly walking on them, they don't seem to be doing it on purpose it's just there's so much of them. I've checked at night to see if there's nudis or picnagonids but there aren't. I've dipped them, nothing. My tank is 20 years old and is a 50 gallon corner. Are there any predators for them, my clownfish seems to not want to eat them and CBS doesn't eat them as often. Thanks.

Tim'sReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My yellow coris wrasse decimated them in a view weeks, hardly see any walking around. Now when I go looking I can find them but they are hiding under rocks.

OP
OP
M

mushrommy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My yellow coris wrasse decimated them in a view weeks, hardly see any walking around. Now when I go looking I can find them but they are hiding under rocks.
None of the stores have them, are six line wrasse a good choice also? I don't plan on adding much fish other than a new boyfriend for my clownfish.

Alexraptor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mantis shrimp! Of course, all bets are off for the rest of your tank mates. :grinning-face-with-sweat:

In all seriousness though, smaller species of mantis shrimps like Gonodactylids, will readily feed on amphipods, even if that's probably not an ideal solution for you.

Tim'sReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
None of the stores have them, are six line wrasse a good choice also? I don't plan on adding much fish other than a new boyfriend for my clownfish.
Yes, most wrasses will hunt them. I like the sixline by looks but heard they have quite a temperament so I choose the yellow coris. Good luck!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 56 74.7%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back